cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Aristedes Maniatis <...@maniatis.org>
Subject Re: Website CMS
Date Mon, 05 Nov 2012 08:25:38 GMT
On 5/11/12 5:09pm, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
> At the same time I think it is in a shape good enough to be published as "master" 3.1
(and 3.2) documentation set on the site, while I am slowly rewriting the remaining chapters.
It should be much more useful to 3.1 users then just cloning the old 3.0 wiki docs (which
is what we essentially have on the current site). And publishing would require HTML (and PDF)
templates cleanup.

OK, then I've just added more links on the left to the docbook and java api. This is temporary
since:

1. Hosting from the ci server isn't a good idea in the long term
2. The API and docbook are pointing to trunk and this is now for 3.1

However, I don't think that the differences between trunk and 3.1 are important yet and certainly
we are a long way before we need to branch docbook.

I'm discussing some ideas with infra about how we might be publishing trunk realtime docbook
builds. As you point out, we may never need nightly javadoc published on the website.

I'll ask infra now to put our site live, unless anyone has any final words. I've now disabled
all my scripts which previously published javadocs and confluence. I have also now disabled
public read access, and committer read-write access to the CAYSITE confluence space. It appears
that the CAYDOC, CAYDOC12, CAYDOC20, etc space are already all gone.

Ari

--
Aristedes Maniatis