cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Aristedes Maniatis <...@maniatis.org>
Subject Re: Website CMS
Date Sun, 04 Nov 2012 23:14:41 GMT
On 4/11/12 11:08pm, Andrus Adamchik wrote:

> On Nov 4, 2012, at 2:58 PM, Aristedes Maniatis <ari@maniatis.org> wrote:
>
>> Nicely done polishing off those last remaining tasks... My look around the site reveals
nothing that needs to be fixed before launch, so let's do it. I think infra will need to be
involved to switch the website over from the current synchronisation feed to Apache CMS.

> Cool. You are in touch with the infra guys. Could you Jira it for them (or ask on irc)?

Sure.

> I also have a post launch cleanup list that will require their involvement:
>
> * stop cwiki.a.o rsync (you control this one IIRC?)
> * delete all autoexported files on cwiki.a.o (infra)
> * track down unlinked files in docroot, delete them, creating 301 redirects where applicable.
(me or any other Cayenne committer)

Actually I suspect I can just ask Infra to discard our entire website folder and replace it
with the Apache CMS folder. So we should look for 'unlinked' pages now. Personally I can't
think of any, and we could review Google webmaster tools after the change to see what pages
people link to that are gone. I'll set that up now...

>> I think the next focus needs to be on getting docbook finished so we can add 3.1
to the left menu. I'm happy to help copy in existing documentation, but Andrus, you said that
you wanted to restructure the docs for this project. Perhaps you want to work on it, or outline
what you had in mind?

> Yep. I can create a more site-centric HTML template for docbook and do a manual initial
docs dump from the main SVN tree into the "site" and adding needed menus. Once that's live,
we can work on improving CSS, etc.

Are we talking about the same thing? I'm not talking about the html template so much as the
content of the docbook itself. It is currently missing lots of content from Confluence and
in the past you said that you did not want to just copy it over but to rearrange it into more
helpful structures. Moving stuff into docbook takes a bit of effort, so any structure changes
should be done first.

Ari

--
Aristedes Maniatis