cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Website CMS
Date Mon, 05 Nov 2012 08:44:13 GMT

On Nov 5, 2012, at 11:25 AM, Aristedes Maniatis <ari@maniatis.org> wrote:

> 1. Hosting from the ci server isn't a good idea in the long term
> 2. The API and docbook are pointing to trunk and this is now for 3.1
>
> However, I don't think that the differences between trunk and 3.1 are important yet and
certainly we are a long way before we need to branch docbook.

Cool. I think we need to start publishing javadoc artifacts to Maven central with releases
(which is prolly a good idea regardless, as it would improve IDE integration). Then Javadocs
publish procedure will be like

* get cayenne-server-XX-javadoc.jar from Maven
* unpack it into site/
* commit

I may do that manually for the relevant releases.

> I'm discussing some ideas with infra about how we might be publishing trunk realtime
docbook builds. As you point out, we may never need nightly javadoc published on the website.

> I'll ask infra now to put our site live, unless anyone has any final words.

Let's do it!

> I've now disabled all my scripts which previously published javadocs and confluence.
I have also now disabled public read access, and committer read-write access to the CAYSITE
confluence space. It appears that the CAYDOC, CAYDOC12, CAYDOC20, etc space are already all
gone.

Also we need infra help to delete CAY/, CAYDOC/, CAYDOC12/, CAYDOC20/, CAYDOC30/, CAYDV/,
CAYJPA/ CAYSITE/ folders from https://cwiki.apache.org/

Or do they autoexport everything, regardless of the space purpose? In this case we still need
their help to delete autoexports of the previously deleted spaces: CAYDOC/, CAYDOC12/, CAYDOC20/,
CAYDOC30/ (and CAYSITE/ once we delete that one as well).

Andrus