cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Cayenne Modeler + Maven Plugin
Date Tue, 16 Oct 2012 06:02:08 GMT
It is not available on 3.0. The feature was added per https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAY-1474
, targeting 3.1. Not even sure it is easily portable to 3.0 ("easily" as in applying a patch
from another branch), as the Modeler is now also DI-based, so startup algorithm is somewhat
different.

Andrus

On Oct 15, 2012, at 11:03 PM, Michael Gentry <mgentry@masslight.net> wrote:

> I haven't looked at that part of the code in a while.  Are you
> thinking fix for 3.0, too?  I normally wouldn't care, but I've learned
> the hard way that sometimes you can't download the regular modeler due
> to corporate firewalls/etc, but you can sneak the Maven version
> through because they allow access to the Maven repository.
>
> Thanks,
>
> mrg
>

> On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 2:38 PM, Andrus Adamchik <andrus@objectstyle.org> wrote:
>> Hi Mike,
>>
>> Actually I refactored the launchers and the menu inclusion/exclusion logic some time
ago, so now we have a set of platform launchers, and no if/else choices on startup. I guess
we'll need to rewrite the plugin to start the Modeler via 'GenericMain' from 'cayenne-modeler-generic-ext'
module. It includes the prefs menu. We'll also need to remove this piece from 'cayenne-modeler-generic-ext'
POM, to ensure it gets deployed to central on next release: