cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Gentry <mgen...@masslight.net>
Subject Re: Cayenne Modeler + Maven Plugin
Date Tue, 16 Oct 2012 11:53:32 GMT
Yeah, I was noticing the differences between the two branches.  I was
just wondering if it might be worth the effort to put a conditional in
the 3.0 startup to see if the OS X version was running from the .app
wrapper for people still using 3.0.

Thanks,

mrg

On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 2:02 AM, Andrus Adamchik <andrus@objectstyle.org> wrote:
> It is not available on 3.0. The feature was added per https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAY-1474
, targeting 3.1. Not even sure it is easily portable to 3.0 ("easily" as in applying a patch
from another branch), as the Modeler is now also DI-based, so startup algorithm is somewhat
different.

> Andrus
>
> On Oct 15, 2012, at 11:03 PM, Michael Gentry <mgentry@masslight.net> wrote:
>
>> I haven't looked at that part of the code in a while.  Are you
>> thinking fix for 3.0, too?  I normally wouldn't care, but I've learned
>> the hard way that sometimes you can't download the regular modeler due
>> to corporate firewalls/etc, but you can sneak the Maven version
>> through because they allow access to the Maven repository.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> mrg
>>

>> On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 2:38 PM, Andrus Adamchik <andrus@objectstyle.org> wrote:
>>> Hi Mike,
>>>
>>> Actually I refactored the launchers and the menu inclusion/exclusion logic some
time ago, so now we have a set of platform launchers, and no if/else choices on startup. I
guess we'll need to rewrite the plugin to start the Modeler via 'GenericMain' from 'cayenne-modeler-generic-ext'
module. It includes the prefs menu. We'll also need to remove this piece from 'cayenne-modeler-generic-ext'
POM, to ensure it gets deployed to central on next release: