cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject publishing static docs
Date Fri, 19 Oct 2012 18:30:05 GMT
Hi Ari,

so you've probably seen this thing came up on user@: http://cayenne.markmail.org/thread/wqupemulovngfql2
. I went to people.apache.org:/www/cayenne.apache.org/doc/ to fix it, but I don't have the
permissions:

aadamchik@minotaur:/www/cayenne.apache.org/doc$ ls -ld tutorial-obj*
drwxr-xr-x  2 amaniatis  cayenne     10 Apr 19  2010 tutorial-object-relational-mapping.data
-rw-r--r--  1 amaniatis  cayenne  13376 Oct 19 18:03 tutorial-object-relational-mapping.html
-rw-r--r--  1 amaniatis  cayenne  11730 Oct 19 18:03 tutorial-objectcontext.html

(other docs have similar ownership and permissions). So a few questions:

1. File dates are all Oct 19, so I suspect your cron rsyncing from Confluence is still active.
Since we no longer have those spaces in Confluence, maybe we should stop it.

2. After that maybe we can do chmod -R g+wx , so that anyone in Cayenne could edit it.

so that's a stopgap to update docs for now. I know rsync from people.a.o is going away, so..

3. Any ideas how to reconcile the older essentially static docs with the new CMS? I assume
we can mix static html with CMS stuff, and simply check in .html's to http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cayenne/site/cms/trunk/content/
? I guess once this works, we may strip those pages from the menu wrapper with perl or something,
and let them sit in a legacy section of the site.

Andrus