cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Aristedes Maniatis <...@maniatis.org>
Subject Re: Website CMS
Date Wed, 17 Oct 2012 13:46:05 GMT
On 17/10/12 7:22pm, Aristedes Maniatis wrote:
> Nice. So it seems like the plan needs to be:
>
> 1. Make all the links relative so it is easy to navigate around the staging site

Done. Looks like Dima already made most of the pages and I just need to tweak the template,
css, js a little and it is all good.

> 2. Figure how to implement blog-posts (news)

I tried to analyse the root apache site but I was unable to figure what drove the content
in the neat little svn, jira and apache blog dynamic content you can see here:

    http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/infrastructure/site/trunk/content/index.html

It would be nice to do something similar.

> 3. Finish pulling over all the content (there isn't actually that much left).

Actually, other than news and some missing images I think it is almost done.

Oh, and there is another item:

4. Replace the confluence wiki with something. It hasn't been successful at all as a community
wiki, so it will not be greatly missed. But it would be nice to replace it with something.
Stackoverflow or getsatisfaction, for knowledgebase perhaps.

Ari

> Dima, do you remember where in svn the templates live?
>

> Ari
>

> On 17/10/12 7:10pm, Dzmitry Kazimirchyk wrote:
>> Apache CMS staging site is up and running at http://cayenne.staging.apache.org/.
Skeleton html is still containing hard links to cayenne's main site, etc. So some work needs
to be done on this.

>> In overall a number of pages have already been converted to new format. You can view,
edit, add new ones by following the next url and logging in with your apache credentials:

>> https://cms.apache.org/redirect?uri=http://cayenne.apache.org/
>>

>> Dima
>>

>> On 10/17/2012 09:32 AM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
>>>  From what I can gather, this is the last mention of the status and it is likely
that nobody touched it since then:

>>> http://markmail.org/message/afmvwmbigijbwlvl
>>>
>>> also per https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-4053 the staging area should
be available.

>>> Andrus

docbook, but the main site migration). Can you give us a summary of where you got up to? What
is left to be done?

--
Aristedes Maniatis