cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Removing Eclipse files from maven modules
Date Sat, 15 Sep 2012 01:37:11 GMT
Done (see CAY-1740). If you already have Cayenne projects in Eclipse, you should first delete
them from workspace (or better - switch to a new clean workspace), then update the code from
command line, and then "Import > Existing Maven Projects".

DO NOT import cayenne-server and cayenne-client - those are confusing to Eclipse (and not
only to Eclipse ;)).

Andrus

On Sep 10, 2012, at 7:34 PM, Andrus Adamchik <andrus@objectstyle.org> wrote:

> That was sure one of the reasons to keep the files under version control. I don't think
we are actually doing it though. There are no per-project formatting settings in our Eclipse
profiles IIRC. The problem is also that there are different versions of Eclipse. And then
there are people using IDEA (I have at least 2 in my office alone :)). So this seems like
a losing battle. Something IDE-agnostic like checkstyle is probably more appropriate for this.

> Andrus
>

> On Sep 10, 2012, at 7:23 PM, Aristedes Maniatis <ari@maniatis.org> wrote:
>
>> I forget which one, but there is a file which is responsible for setting indent preferences,
wrapping, etc.  That's quite useful to leave in the project so that everyone keeps the same
preferences for the project.

>> Ari
>>
>> On 11/09/12 3:54am, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
>>> How would everyone feel if we remove .project/.classpath/.settings from version
control?

>>> We've been going back and force on that in the past, and I usually preferred
to have them in SVN. However now that m2eclipse plugin is so much better than it was in the
past, and also we have many Eclipse versions with incompatible project files, I think we should
reconsider that.