cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Removing Eclipse files from maven modules
Date Mon, 10 Sep 2012 23:34:59 GMT
That was sure one of the reasons to keep the files under version control. I don't think we
are actually doing it though. There are no per-project formatting settings in our Eclipse
profiles IIRC. The problem is also that there are different versions of Eclipse. And then
there are people using IDEA (I have at least 2 in my office alone :)). So this seems like
a losing battle. Something IDE-agnostic like checkstyle is probably more appropriate for this.

Andrus

On Sep 10, 2012, at 7:23 PM, Aristedes Maniatis <ari@maniatis.org> wrote:

> I forget which one, but there is a file which is responsible for setting indent preferences,
wrapping, etc.  That's quite useful to leave in the project so that everyone keeps the same
preferences for the project.

> Ari
>
> On 11/09/12 3:54am, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
>> How would everyone feel if we remove .project/.classpath/.settings from version control?
>>
>> We've been going back and force on that in the past, and I usually preferred to have
them in SVN. However now that m2eclipse plugin is so much better than it was in the past,
and also we have many Eclipse versions with incompatible project files, I think we should
reconsider that.