cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Jenkins builds
Date Mon, 16 Jul 2012 06:50:49 GMT

On Jul 16, 2012, at 4:51 AM, Aristedes Maniatis wrote:

> Ignore the sqlite, that's never worked. I suspect it needs to be taken out entirely and
removed from any mention of a supported Cayenne DB, but I'm not sure.

Well, it is supported as much as we can, just that it has a much smaller feature set. So IMO
we shouldn't disavow it, but I am +1 for dropping it from Jenkins test matrix.

> Also ignore the "true" column. That is for case-insensitive collation and isn't yet set
up properly. Dima, since you have recently been doing some work in that area, perhaps you'd
like to see what is required to get those tests working?

Yeah, we either need to fix those or disable "true" from the test matrix temporarily.

> I also notice that all the Java 1.5 builds are failing. Has this support already been
removed or does this point to a problem?

Need to investigate. Could be one of those implicit ORDER BY assumptions or some other trivial
thing in the tests... Or not..

> We have one failed Java 7 build. No idea why test(org.apache.cayenne.merge.SetAllowNullToDbTest)
is failing and only in Derby under Java 7.

> https://builds.apache.org/job/Cayenne-trunk/cayenneTestConnection=derby,collationCi=false,jdk=JDK%201.7%20%28latest%29,label=Ubuntu/740/console

Same thing... Could be ambiguity in the tests. Need to take a look.

> Finally, I created  a new set of builds for our 3.1 release branch.
>
>  https://builds.apache.org/job/Cayenne-31/
>
> We should ensure that Java 5 builds properly there at least.

Awesome! Will see what we need to fix.

Andrus