cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Aristedes Maniatis <...@maniatis.org>
Subject Re: Jenkins builds
Date Mon, 16 Jul 2012 23:54:28 GMT
On 16/07/12 9:14pm, Andrus Adamchik wrote:

> On Jul 16, 2012, at 12:11 PM, Aristedes Maniatis wrote:

entirely and removed from any mention of a supported Cayenne DB, but I'm not sure.

>>> Well, it is supported as much as we can, just that it has a much smaller feature
set. So IMO we shouldn't disavow it, but I am +1 for dropping it from Jenkins test matrix.

>> The problem is that without tests, we'll never know if we completely break sqlite.
>
> We run most tests manually before releases.
>
> The situation with testing of sqlite (but not with feature scope of course)is not that
different from say Oracle or PostgreSQL. They are not supported on Jenkins, so test runs have
to be handled offline.

Without written steps on how to run the tests, are we confident that all the right tests are
run before release? I'll ask infra on whether we can easily get some more databases into our
tests. Ideally we'd want:

ms-sql
mysql
postgresql
oracle

What level of compatibility are we expecting with sqlite? Do we have a document on what is
expected to work and what will break? I've never used it directly so I don't really know its
capabilities, but ideally we should have a list of known issues.

Would we be able to disable some tests when running against sqlite so that the others pass?
Not sure how easy or hard that might be.

Ari

--
Aristedes Maniatis