cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Inconsistent property name?
Date Tue, 12 Jun 2012 20:12:10 GMT
Ah good catch. You are absolutely right.

One caveat though. Since we are in Beta now, we should follow our own self-imposed rules and
avoid changing the API (property renaming being such a change IMO).

I guess we can fix the String value for "ROP_SERVICE_TIMEOUT_PROPERTY" constant, but also
keep the old value around as a deprecated "synonym". I.e. if a user defines a value for "cayenne.rop.service.timeout",
we should load that into "cayenne.rop.service_timeout" internally. I know it is a pain...

Should probably Jira that too so that it is recorded in RELEASE-NOTES.

Andrus