cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Kienenberger <mkien...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Serialization warnings
Date Fri, 15 Jun 2012 14:09:51 GMT
I think we should set the serialization of the generated superclass to 1L
because it doesn't have any serializable fields, and likely never will.

I also think we should set the generate-once subclasses to 1L because it
won't have any serializable fields unless the developer does something
further.

Both values should be marked private.

I have in the past written a web app that serialized Cayenne Data Objects
in a request and then restored them in future requests.   Yes, the objects
are detached from the DataContext when that happens (at least as of Cayenne
2).   I had to augment the serialization methods to reattach the objects
back to a context, if I recall.