cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Gentry <mgen...@masslight.net>
Subject Re: Inconsistent property name?
Date Tue, 12 Jun 2012 20:18:35 GMT
Wouldn't it be harder (on us and users) to fix it later (3.2+) than now?

mrg

On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 4:12 PM, Andrus Adamchik <andrus@objectstyle.org> wrote:
> Ah good catch. You are absolutely right.
>
> One caveat though. Since we are in Beta now, we should follow our own self-imposed rules
and avoid changing the API (property renaming being such a change IMO).

> I guess we can fix the String value for "ROP_SERVICE_TIMEOUT_PROPERTY" constant, but
also keep the old value around as a deprecated "synonym". I.e. if a user defines a value for
"cayenne.rop.service.timeout", we should load that into "cayenne.rop.service_timeout" internally.
I know it is a pain...