cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Gentry <mgen...@masslight.net>
Subject Re: Serialization warnings
Date Thu, 14 Jun 2012 16:27:46 GMT
As long as the subclass is still an empty shell, I think it actually
makes sense for the serialVersionUID to change when the superclass
version changes.  Using serialVersionUID = 1L in the subclass would
mean attribute changes in the superclass are still considered
identical unless the developer remembered to go change the subclass
(less likely to be remembered).  If they start to add stuff to the
subclass, I hope they'd notice the default serialVersionUID value and
change it, but that is their decision, of course.  Personally, I'd
just suppress the warning and go on with my life, but we should at
least have an option, I think.

mrg