cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Serialization warnings
Date Fri, 15 Jun 2012 14:21:36 GMT
Actually no. "serialVersionUID" is specifically intended for Java built-in serialization mechanism,
that only cares about ivars and their types, so higher level Cayenne abstractions are of no
consequence.

Andrus

On Jun 15, 2012, at 3:58 PM, Michael Gentry wrote:

> In my mind, you would simply treat the properties as ivars in whatever
> method you use to compute the serialVersionUID.  If you
> add/remove/rename a property, the signature changes.
>
> mrg
>

> On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 4:39 AM, Andrus Adamchik <andrus@objectstyle.org> wrote:
>> Also re:superclass... If it is a CayenneDataObject subclass, it does not include
any ivars either. It is all read-through to CayenneDataObject. So all of the _Foo should have
the same  serialVersionUID.