cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Serialization warnings
Date Fri, 15 Jun 2012 08:39:32 GMT

On Jun 14, 2012, at 7:46 PM, Mike Kienenberger wrote:

> It seems to me that subclass versioning would be designed to be
> independent of the superclass versioning.

I haven't researched that deeply, but IIRC this is correct. There's no inheritance of serialVersionUID.

Also re:superclass... If it is a CayenneDataObject subclass, it does not include any ivars
either. It is all read-through to CayenneDataObject. So all of the _Foo should have the same
 serialVersionUID.

ROP client superclasses on the other hand are field-based...

Andrus