cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: cayenne-modeler:run and default file
Date Fri, 18 May 2012 07:17:34 GMT
Not using the plugin myself, but I don't see why we shouldn't support a default option.

On May 17, 2012, at 11:03 PM, Robert Zeigler wrote:

> True, and that's useful for, eg, non-standard naming, multi-domain projects, etc.
> But it sensible defaults is always nice. :)
>
> Robert
>
> On May 17, 2012, at 5/172:54 PM , Michael Gentry wrote:
>
>> Hi Robert,
>>
>> That would probably be a win, but you can also specify the model in
>> the pom.xml, too:
>>
>> <configuration>
>>     <modelFile>src/main/resources/cayenne.xml</modelFile>
>> </configuration>
>>
>> Not as convenient, but quicker to get in place.
>>
>> mrg
>>

>> On Thu, May 17, 2012 at 3:46 PM, Robert Zeigler
>> <robert.zeigler@roxanemy.com> wrote:
>>> It used to be that the modeler, when run via the cayenne-modeler:run plugin,
would open up the default cayenne.xml file (sitting in src/main/resources).

>>> I get why that was removed in 3.1, because now the entire configuration system
changed. But it still makes me sad because many project still only have a single project file.
:)

>>> It seems like the default, in a project upgrade, is to rename cayenne.xml to
something like cayenne-<datadomainname>.xml. Are there any objections to tweaking the
maven modeler plugin to look for files like "^cayenne-.*\.xml$" in project-configured resource
directories, and if it finds one (and only one) to open that by default?