cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Gentry <mgen...@masslight.net>
Subject Re: cayenne-modeler:run and default file
Date Fri, 18 May 2012 10:50:24 GMT
I wasn't a fan of the plugin until recently.  Where I work, the
Windows users can't download or install the Windows version, but
because the Maven repository is whitelisted in our proxy, the JARs
slip right through.  They seem to be pretty content running Cayenne
Modeler from within Eclipse through the Maven plugin.

mrg

On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 3:17 AM, Andrus Adamchik <andrus@objectstyle.org> wrote:
> Not using the plugin myself, but I don't see why we shouldn't support a default option.
>
> On May 17, 2012, at 11:03 PM, Robert Zeigler wrote:
>
>> True, and that's useful for, eg, non-standard naming, multi-domain projects, etc.
>> But it sensible defaults is always nice. :)
>>
>> Robert
>>
>> On May 17, 2012, at 5/172:54 PM , Michael Gentry wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Robert,
>>>
>>> That would probably be a win, but you can also specify the model in
>>> the pom.xml, too:
>>>
>>> <configuration>
>>>     <modelFile>src/main/resources/cayenne.xml</modelFile>
>>> </configuration>
>>>
>>> Not as convenient, but quicker to get in place.
>>>
>>> mrg

would open up the default cayenne.xml file (sitting in src/main/resources).

changed. But it still makes me sad because many project still only have a single project file.
:)

to something like cayenne-<datadomainname>.xml. Are there any objections to tweaking
the maven modeler plugin to look for files like "^cayenne-.*\.xml$" in project-configured
resource directories, and if it finds one (and only one) to open that by default?