cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Gentry <mgen...@masslight.net>
Subject Re: cayenne-modeler:run and default file
Date Thu, 17 May 2012 19:54:00 GMT
Hi Robert,

That would probably be a win, but you can also specify the model in
the pom.xml, too:

  <configuration>
      <modelFile>src/main/resources/cayenne.xml</modelFile>
  </configuration>

Not as convenient, but quicker to get in place.

mrg

On Thu, May 17, 2012 at 3:46 PM, Robert Zeigler
<robert.zeigler@roxanemy.com> wrote:
> It used to be that the modeler, when run via the cayenne-modeler:run plugin, would open
up the default cayenne.xml file (sitting in src/main/resources).

> I get why that was removed in 3.1, because now the entire configuration system changed.
But it still makes me sad because many project still only have a single project file. :)

> It seems like the default, in a project upgrade, is to rename cayenne.xml to something
like cayenne-<datadomainname>.xml. Are there any objections to tweaking the maven modeler
plugin to look for files like "^cayenne-.*\.xml$" in project-configured resource directories,
and if it finds one (and only one) to open that by default?