cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Zeigler <robert.zeig...@puregumption.com>
Subject Re: cayenne-modeler:run and default file
Date Thu, 17 May 2012 20:03:02 GMT
True, and that's useful for, eg, non-standard naming, multi-domain projects, etc.
But it sensible defaults is always nice. :)

Robert

On May 17, 2012, at 5/172:54 PM , Michael Gentry wrote:

> Hi Robert,
>
> That would probably be a win, but you can also specify the model in
> the pom.xml, too:
>
>  <configuration>
>      <modelFile>src/main/resources/cayenne.xml</modelFile>
>  </configuration>
>
> Not as convenient, but quicker to get in place.
>
> mrg
>

> On Thu, May 17, 2012 at 3:46 PM, Robert Zeigler
> <robert.zeigler@roxanemy.com> wrote:
>> It used to be that the modeler, when run via the cayenne-modeler:run plugin, would
open up the default cayenne.xml file (sitting in src/main/resources).

>> I get why that was removed in 3.1, because now the entire configuration system changed.
But it still makes me sad because many project still only have a single project file. :)

>> It seems like the default, in a project upgrade, is to rename cayenne.xml to something
like cayenne-<datadomainname>.xml. Are there any objections to tweaking the maven modeler
plugin to look for files like "^cayenne-.*\.xml$" in project-configured resource directories,
and if it finds one (and only one) to open that by default?