cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Cayenne QA
Date Wed, 21 Mar 2012 10:48:12 GMT
> * Testing cross-version upgrade procedures (i.e. checking whether our UPGRADE.txt instructions
are adequate, and expanding them as needed)
> * Checking Cayenne behavior in a real app accessed from multiple threads - both thread-safety
and performance.

One more:

* Testing Cayenne behavior in web containers (specifically ensure that shutdown doesn't leave
any stuck resources that would prevent webapp hot redeploy (see http://www.infoq.com/presentations/Diagnosing-Memory-Leaks
for details).

Andrus

On Mar 21, 2012, at 1:43 PM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:

> Adama's suggestion to help with Cayenne testing raises an interesting question - what
is a useful way of "manually" testing Cayenne framework? I am taking "manually" in quotes
as any such testing would involve writing Java apps.

> On the one hand we have a pretty comprehensive suite of unit tests, on the other we have
the mostly untested Modeler. ObjectStyle QA team is now experimenting with the Modeler testing
and has already found a number of bugs. We'll load them to the Apache Jira at some point.

> So between those two test efforts (unit tests and manual Modeler QA), is there anything
else we can do to make sure we do not overlook any issues with Cayenne? My few ideas are: