cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Cayenne QA
Date Wed, 21 Mar 2012 10:43:32 GMT
Adama's suggestion to help with Cayenne testing raises an interesting question - what is a
useful way of "manually" testing Cayenne framework? I am taking "manually" in quotes as any
such testing would involve writing Java apps.

On the one hand we have a pretty comprehensive suite of unit tests, on the other we have the
mostly untested Modeler. ObjectStyle QA team is now experimenting with the Modeler testing
and has already found a number of bugs. We'll load them to the Apache Jira at some point.

So between those two test efforts (unit tests and manual Modeler QA), is there anything else
we can do to make sure we do not overlook any issues with Cayenne? My few ideas are:

* Testing cross-version upgrade procedures (i.e. checking whether our UPGRADE.txt instructions
are adequate, and expanding them as needed)
* Checking Cayenne behavior in a real app accessed from multiple threads - both thread-safety
and performance.

Thoughts on this?

Andrus