cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Aristedes Maniatis <...@maniatis.org>
Subject Re: 3.1 Beta?
Date Sun, 04 Mar 2012 22:27:05 GMT
On 5/03/12 4:56 AM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:

> On Mar 4, 2012, at 3:49 AM, Aristedes Maniatis wrote:
>

>> What is the big ticket reason people will want to upgrade? Injection?
>
> Yes, DI container and corresponding change in configuration philosophy is a big one.
The second most important thing is lifecycle handling improvements (listeners based on custom
annotations). And there's a whole set of improvements and new features based on these 2 major
new capabilities.

>>> Ari, do we have any plan how to publish the docbook docs to the website? It will
become important now.

>> I am happy to look into that. Might be just a couple of weeks before my big work
dramas are (hopefully) behind me... but after that.

>> I assume we'll need to figure out the workflow for getting the output into svn for
publishing through the new Apache CMS. Let me ask if anyone else has already integrated a
docbook workflow. Also whether we can keep a split website (docs in new CMS and other parts
of site still published from Confluence until we get the new design all done).

> Yeah, we split the docs part (generated from docbook probably via Jenkins, and then published
to the site) and the site pages published via CMS. BTW you may remember that Dzmitry did some
initial CMS work - http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cayenne/site/cms/trunk/ , so we can probably
start publishing that piece almost right away.

Do we have that published somewhere in a staging site? If not, I'll ask infra to set it up.

Ari

--
Aristedes Maniatis