cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Aristedes Maniatis <...@maniatis.org>
Subject Re: 3.1 Beta?
Date Sun, 04 Mar 2012 08:49:39 GMT
On 4/03/12 6:01 AM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
> IMO we are in a good shape now to release a beta. As a reminder of what a Beta means:
>
> 1. Framework API and feature freeze
> 2. Framework development focuses on bug fixing
> 3. We can add new features to the Modeler if we have to.
> 4. Since API is stable, we concentrate on documentation.
>
> I'd probably want to include CAY-1673 and CAY-1681 in beta, but after that I can start
the release. Actually... if CAY-1681 goes to 3.2, this is fine with me too.

What is the big ticket reason people will want to upgrade? Injection?

> Ari, do we have any plan how to publish the docbook docs to the website? It will become
important now.

I am happy to look into that. Might be just a couple of weeks before my big work dramas are
(hopefully) behind me... but after that.

I assume we'll need to figure out the workflow for getting the output into svn for publishing
through the new Apache CMS. Let me ask if anyone else has already integrated a docbook workflow.
Also whether we can keep a split website (docs in new CMS and other parts of site still published
from Confluence until we get the new design all done).

Ari

--
Aristedes Maniatis