cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From atomix <say_i_love_you_4e...@yahoo.com>
Subject [HELP] Problem: Cayenne - ORM and "TEMP" tables
Date Thu, 08 Mar 2012 10:09:52 GMT
I had a situation, not completely related to Cayenne only, may be every ORM
framework...

Say I had a Test, the Test has Question(s) ,a Question can be in various
Test
Test -n-n- Question for short.
Also, in TestHasQuestion table has a property of order, and value of the
Question in a specific the Test.

*Here is the problem:*
The every update in a Test have to be approved (by Maker and Approver)

So basicly, a Maker do a lot of changes in a Test, then submit it in a Temp
Table (which have almost same structure), then Approver accept or reject,
the Test should be return to its previous APPROVED status.
Yes, the scenerio for 1 Table is pretty simple to imagine...
Now, Question also -1-n- to Answers. Answers also link to another Table..
and I confused a lot how to work out the case in a ORM system like Cayenne.
It can be handle in a simpler enviroment like SQL, but the whole tables are
linked together in Cayenne...

Just few temp-tables make my life suck big times ....