cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Field-based Persistent
Date Wed, 29 Feb 2012 07:47:26 GMT
So changing the topic, and taking to dev...

On Feb 29, 2012, at 7:34 AM, John Huss wrote:

> My entity classes use explicit fields to store data instead of a Map, so
> when it tries to access the "runtimeRelationshipX" fields

So these are on the server side (not the ROP client)? Did you write your own set of ClassDescriptors?

I am working on improving the concurrency of a single DataContext (scenario being a single
shared context in read-only apps), the Map structure of CayenneDataObject is one of the factors
causing grief. So I am interested in discussing alternative implementations. One being field-based
objects similar to ROP, another being using an Object[] instead of a Map to store mapped properties.
Yet another - using a delegate for each Persistent (this will also let us drop a common superclass
requirement).

Andrus