cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From John Huss <johnth...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SelectQuery + Orderings
Date Mon, 30 Jan 2012 16:36:26 GMT
The qualifier building part has already been done in WebObjects/Project
Wonder with ERXKey<http://webobjects.mdimension.com/hudson/job/Wonder/javadoc/>which
is basically just a wrapper around an attribute or relationship name
that gives it type-safety and a bunch of methods for creating qualifiers.
 These "key" object are part of the entity template so they are generated
automatically.  You can also generate a path builder class so you can do
the same thing for related objects too.  For example:

Artist.NAME.eq("Picasso")  // equals
Artist.DATE_OF_BIRTH.lt(now())   // less than

Or with paths:

Painting.path.artist().name().eq("Picasso")

Hugi Thordarson posted a pared-down version of ERXKey a while back here:
https://bitbucket.org/hugi/jambalaya