cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Foreign keys whe migrating
Date Tue, 06 Dec 2011 00:06:29 GMT

On Nov 21, 2011, at 12:48 AM, Durchholz, Joachim wrote:

> 1) Nope, SET CONSTRAINTS ALL DEFERRED is an in-session command. It affects just the currently
running session, until the next COMMIT (at which point SET CONSTRAINTs is reset to whatever
the database default is, usuall SET CONSTRAINTS ALL IMMEDIATE).

I guess doing this inside Cayenne OracleAdapter on commit might be helpful for the Oracle
users. And yeah, also wish other DB's would support deferred constraint checking.

BTW the original issue that Christian described was happening during DDL operations (vs DML
we are discussing here). DDL could be an entirely different beast.

Andrus