cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Gentry <mgen...@masslight.net>
Subject Re: December Board Report
Date Mon, 12 Dec 2011 22:15:52 GMT
On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 4:33 PM, Andrus Adamchik <andrus@objectstyle.org> wrote:

> On Dec 12, 2011, at 4:04 AM, Michael Gentry wrote:
>
>> Should 3.1 (ALPHA) actually be 3.1 (Release Candidate)?
>
> I'd keep it as ALPHA. It may become Beta soon, but for now it is ALPHA.

Well, given that there have been several milestone releases, I was
thinking alpha is old news.  Maybe use Milestone 4, then?

>> Whatever happened to the GSOC?  I kind of lost track of that.
>
> The project was finished, we have a working and useable Eclipse plugin. Now need a strategy
for (a) how to release it (b) how to make it production quality and more integrated with Eclipse.

Maybe something to the effect of: Google Summer of Code completed
creating a working and usable Eclipse plugin for Cayenne Modeler which
now needs to be integrated into the main distribution.

>> Same for the DocBook stuff.  I need to look at that.
>
> Dzmitry did some great work transferring and updating the tutorials from the old docs.
The rest is probably on me ... I need to get my stuff together and resume working on it :-/

You aren't the only one whose stuff isn't together right now.  :-)
Maybe something simple like: DocBook migration of Confluence
documentation continues.

Thanks,

mrg