cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Aristedes Maniatis <...@maniatis.org>
Subject Re: Handling database creation and migration
Date Wed, 21 Dec 2011 02:47:59 GMT
On 21/12/11 7:01 AM, John Huss wrote:
> *I’m interested in having more flexible support for database migrations in
> Cayenne, so I wrote a new migrations API on top of the existing DbMerger
> constructs.

My question: why not use a third party tool like liquibase?

Or even write tighter connections between liquibase and Cayenne by allowing Cayenne to output
the liquibase migration script. Liquibase solves lots of problems, like knowing which migrations
have run, conditional migrations, logging, locking, etc.

Ari

--
Aristedes Maniatis