cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Grobmeier <grobme...@gmail.com>
Subject Cayenne marketing (was: Fwd: Second article appeared today)
Date Thu, 03 Nov 2011 12:35:40 GMT
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Andrus Adamchik <andrus@objectstyle.org>
Date: Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 7:21 PM
Subject: Re: Second article appeared today
To: dev@cayenne.apache.org

On Nov 2, 2011, at 9:13 PM, Christian Grobmeier wrote:

>> If there are other slides/articles/blogs around, it makes sense.  I
>> have seen sections like this on various other places at the ASF.
>> Personally they give me the feeling the project has a community
>> behind. Esp. when there are slides available which are presented on
>> conferences.

>We are really bad at that. This is a #1 reason Cayenne is not as well-known as it should
be. We do have a community of course, just >don't have active promoters unfortunately.

How can Cayenne improve this situation?

I think it is to the benefit of all Cayenne users if there is a bigger
community: more patches, more feedback, maybe more plugins etc.

Usually projects try to utilize Twitter for some news. Then there is
always the chance to blog:
http://blogs.apache.org/

I am willing to help in this area and write blog posts. Either on my
blog (which has up to 5000 unique visitors a month) or on the asf blog
or both.  But I need a bit guidances from the active developers, to
spot interesting changes in time and to understand them quickly. A
review of the posts before publishing would also not be so bad :-)

A more concrete proposal:
- utilize Twitter for interesting changes, builds anything which is to
small to blog but shows activity on Cayenne
- utilize Apache Blog for news

In addition I would like to start some kind of "Cayenne series" on my
blog. Lets say 1 medium sized article all two weeks. For this I need
some input about current changes or things of interest. Or even proof
reading :-) I can also agree to co-writers and would accept complete
articles from others.

More ideas welcome, this is just a first shot.

Cheers
Christian