cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Gentry <mgen...@masslight.net>
Subject Re: Deleting doc wiki spaces - LAST CHANCE TO STOP IT
Date Tue, 11 Oct 2011 13:40:59 GMT
On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 2:41 AM, Andrus Adamchik <andrus@objectstyle.org> wrote:
> Let me try to formulate my argument as bullet points. I think there's some misunderstanding
what will happen...

> 1. We are NOT deleting any HTML docs - old or new (Mike's concern). We are deleting the
wiki backend that manages them that nobody uses anyways (especially for old docs).

+1 then.

> 2. We have a Confluence migration coming. Why not finish 80% of it now and get it out
of the way. It will happen in 6 (or something) months anyways.

+0.

> 3. I want to discourage (by making it impossible) using the wiki for further document
work. Minor fixes to old docs can be done in HTML (haven't seen anyone doing them for ages).
New docs must be done via docbook.

+0 because as soon as it is gone, someone will want it changed.

> 4. Finally we have very limited resources maintaining everything Cayenne related. And
a chance to get rid of huge blob of "stuff" just makes me feel good :-)

+1 to massive carnage.  :-)

mrg