cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Aristedes Maniatis <...@maniatis.org>
Subject Re: Deleting doc wiki spaces
Date Sun, 09 Oct 2011 01:58:34 GMT
I am happy to put in some time, but I'd like to understand the process better first. We have
three things we publish:

1. Confluence website (maybe one day Apache CMS, but that's another issue)
2. docbook docs
3. javadocs

(3) used to be built out of my p.a.o account, but recent changes there has meant that is no
longer building
(2) needs some automated mechanism to build and publish. Should that be jenkins (not the most
reliable!) and then a p.a.o script to publish to www?
(1) continues to tick another as is, until I have time to spend on learning Apache CMS, navigating
a bunch of obscure Perl, etc.

As for old CAYDOC, I don't see why we'd want to delete old documentation. That is still useful.
Google rankings are something else again and easily solved with a robots.txt in our root.
I just did that now, wait 60 minutes for it to publish.

As soon as the new docbook contains all the documentation from the current Confluence docs,
then sure, let's replace the trunk documentation with docbook. We'll figure out if infra want
us to publish using Jenkins, p.a.o or something else. I'll go ask there now.

Cheers
Ari

On 9/10/11 2:38 AM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
> Of course also would be cool if we can start publishing HTML from 3.1 Docbook to the
site instead, but that would require some styling work.

> Andrus
>
> On Oct 8, 2011, at 6:36 PM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
>
>> Since the Docbook experiment is a success, there'll be no more plans to write 3.1
docs on Confluence. All other versions of the docs are more or less frozen. We'll still keep
SVN version of the HTML docs (in 3.1 - until the docbook is finished).

>> This means we can delete all CAYDOC spaces (CAYDOC, CAYDOC12, CAYDOC20, CAYDOC30).
Among other things this will improve our Google ranking as we can delete phantom autoexport
stuff at https://cwiki.apache.org/.

--
Aristedes Maniatis