cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Grobmeier <grobme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cayenne Modeler Eclipse Plugin preview
Date Mon, 26 Sep 2011 07:54:10 GMT
> 1. How are we going to release this - include the jar in Cayenne core? release it separately?
are there any licensing obstacles to releasing the plugin within Apache (incompatible deps)?

If it is an eclipse plugin i would expect an eclipse update site. Did
not install manually for eclipse the past years.

We have created a pear channel for log4php, which is pretty the same
concept, so I guess it would be ok to have such an eclipse upate site
too

Christian

> 2. What are the immediate next features that we need to make it more useful / more user-friendly?
>
> Thoughts?
>
> Andrus
>

> On Sep 23, 2011, at 5:00 PM, Dzmitry Kazimirchyk wrote:
>
>> There is a lot of time passed since the idea of Cayenne Eclipse integration appeared.
And finally we have actual code in our svn repository (thanks to Eshan and Ksenia mentoring
him for their work). I've fixed some bugs and did some cleanup on the code last days and it
seems like the plugin is quite workable.
>> As a benefit of Eclipse integration we receive such useful thing as ability to open
project in Cayenne Modeler right from Eclipse IDE just by double clicking on Cayenne project's
xml file (now all cayenne xml files are marked with Cayenne icon in Eclipse) at Project Explorer
view. And another handy feature is automatic class regeneration and update of Eclipse project
when we save it in the Modeler.

>> To try it you just need to do svn checkout from http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cayenne/sandbox/cayenne-modeler-eclipse-plugin-gsoc/
and build it with maven by running "mvn clean install". Then copy cayenne-modeler-eclipse-plugin*.jar
to your .../eclipse/plugins/ directory, restart Eclipse and the plugin is ready to work.

--
http://www.grobmeier.de