cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Grobmeier <grobme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Heads up: new Cache Implementation on the ASF
Date Tue, 20 Sep 2011 14:04:12 GMT
On Tue, Sep 20, 2011 at 3:56 PM, Andrus Adamchik <andrus@objectstyle.org> wrote:
> Looking at my reply, the first paragraph came out a bit brash. Didn't mean it to sound
that way :)

no worries, i didn't get it wrong :-)

> Certainly a great proposal, and looks like it has already generated quite some interest
in the Incubator. So good luck, and keep us posted. We are definitely interested to try it
out as a Cayenne cache provider.

Will keep you posted. Anyway any other Cayenne committer is welcome
to, either as dev, mentor whatever.

Another question- DirectMemory is currently looking for a sponsor. One
of the thing which has been discussed internally was if Cayenne would
sponsor it. After incubation it would be expected that DM is an
subproject of Cayenne. As the implementation is basically a general
one, I have some feeling it would make a good TLD. On the other hand,
it can be made a TLD later and could start as Cayenne-Subproject. This
might have benefits for all sides.

How do you (all) feel about this?

Cheers
Christian

> Cheers,
> Andrus
>

> On Sep 20, 2011, at 12:29 PM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
>> I can't mentor any more projects. I am mentoring Wave and also incoming OpenMeetings.
>>
>> The idea is great, and as long as it is not as invasive as Terracotta, we'll definitely
be interested to try it out and give feedback. The usability of DirectMemory in Cayenne depends
on

>> * the API model they provide to the applications
>> * whether we can build a cache adapter with groups support
>> * on speed of serialization with LOCAL and SHARED cache. (I'd imagine it will be
more appropriate for SHARED, as it stores DataRows with no relationships and detached from
the context).

--
http://www.grobmeier.de