cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Grobmeier <grobme...@gmail.com>
Subject Heads up: new Cache Implementation on the ASF
Date Tue, 20 Sep 2011 08:50:23 GMT
Hello folks,

a new proposal will arrive at the incubator the next few days:
http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/DirectMemoryProposal

It is a cache implementation similar to OSCache. Now I know about the
discussion of the OSCache usage the past weeks and thought, this might
be a good chance for Cayenne to bring in own needs etc.

I told the guys that Cayenne might benefit from this new lib. They
liked that idea very much, so it seems.

Anyway, they asked me if some of you would like to step up to this
proposal, either as an initial committer or mentor. I think this is a
great opportunity!

Please let me know so I can tell the people and sign up at the
proposal link above. Any questions, shout! :-)

Cheers,
Christian