cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Kienenberger <mkien...@gmail.com>
Subject CAY-1051: Cayenne 1.2 and Oracle 11.x drivers -- looking for the quick fix
Date Thu, 29 Sep 2011 15:19:22 GMT
So I have to move a legacy Cayenne 1.2 application to a WebLogic app
server with Oracle 11.x drivers, and I have hit CAY-1051:

Class org.apache.cayenne.dba.oracle.OracleSelectTranslator can not
access a member of class oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatementWrapper
with modifiers "public"

The code change to fix the problem is rather trivial -- just change
OracleSelectTranslator.java to revision 654552.

Unfortunately, I forgot how difficult it was to set up a Cayenne 1.2
development environment.   The source tar contains none of the build
structure.  I have been unable to determine where the 1.2 source
respository is to check out the build structure.  Some of the the
build dependencies are not enumerated.   One of the build dependencies
(Smack) no longer appears to be available -- the only downloadable
version is not compatible with the version Cayenne expects.

I do have what I think is a Cayenne 1.2 build environment setup on an
old system backup, and I'm attempting to restore it.

Andrus mentioned in that he 'found a quick fix for "optimizations" to
work with the new driver' but didn't enumerate what it was.  At this
point, I'd rather use a quick fix than try to apply the patch to build
a new Cayenne 1.2 jar.

I'm open to other quick fix suggestions.   One thing I am considering
is creating a custom Oracle Adapter subclass which uses the
OracleSelectTranslator.java file I downloaded.