cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Gentry <mgen...@masslight.net>
Subject Re: ObjectContext.localObject refactoring
Date Sun, 04 Sep 2011 02:17:49 GMT
On Sat, Sep 3, 2011 at 9:44 PM, Andrus Adamchik <andrus@objectstyle.org> wrote:
> Anyways, my suggestion would be to keep 'localObject' name for now. It is not ideal but
good enough IMO.

Well, every co-worker I've ever told about localObject() found the
name confusing to them, which is why I was encouraging a new name.

We actually use localObject() a decent amount because we pull a master
object into a new DataContext for editing purposes.  It gives us the
ability to abandon any changes easily if needed.  So, I've been
through this explanation a few times now.  :-)

Thanks,

mrg