cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: M3 - will try to do it now
Date Mon, 12 Sep 2011 19:42:36 GMT
Progress report... So this approximate sequence of steps based on http://www.apache.org/dev/publishing-maven-artifacts.html
, but with our current POM works to create a staging release repo that we can use for Maven
testing

1. Make sure "apache-releases" repository is configured in ~/.m2/settings.xml and an appropriate
password is setup.

2. Need to do Subversion checkout.. git-svn checkout won't work.

3. Release commands:

  mvn release:clean
  mvn release:prepare -DautoVersionSubmodules=true

Here running into something described in the docs: "Note: If you're located in Europe then
release:prepare may fail with 'Unable to tag SCM' and ' svn: No such revision X '. Wait 10
seconds and run mvn release:prepare again."  Well this is not a joke. It fails indeed, and
requires a re-run.

   mvn release:perform -P gpg [-Dgpg.keyname=B8AF90BF]

4. "Close" the staging repo:

4.1 Login to https://repository.apache.org/ with Apache ID/password.
4.2 Go to Staging Repositories page.
4.3 Select a staging repository you just created.
4.4 Click Close

After these steps we have a neat staging repository containing Cayenne 3.1M3: https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecayenne-052/
ready to be used for testing. I'd specifically request release-testing volunteers to check
that the Maven plugins work. E.g. in M2 cgen couldn't pull all its dependencies. That should
be fixed. Not sure about the Modeler plugin, but worth trying it too (though IMO this won't
be a release showstopper either way).

Other than the above, downloadable assemblies process is teh same as before, and I am moving
to that now.

I am going to document these steps on the site once we finish the release end to end.

Andrus