cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Hugi Thordarson <h...@karlmenn.is>
Subject Re: Type safe queries & more [moved from cayenne-users]
Date Fri, 16 Sep 2011 13:39:50 GMT
Hi Andrus

> The ERXKeys were created well past my EOF days, but I saw the code based on it on a few
projects and it looked quite impressive.

Yes, I've been using them for many years, and I really like the syntax

> Type-safe queries are very high on the Cayenne priority list. Since we planned deeper
internal support of generics, I am expecting it will be fully done around 3.2 (we are now
developing 3.1). However as you show, with some cgen magic current users can have some of
it right away.

Happy to hear that :). I'm a little curious about what you're currently planning for 3.2—can
you point me to some previous discussions so I can take a peek?

> And yes - welcome to Cayenne :)

Thank you! I'm liking the community already :).

Cheers,
- hugi