cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Heads up: new Cache Implementation on the ASF
Date Tue, 20 Sep 2011 09:29:27 GMT
I can't mentor any more projects. I am mentoring Wave and also incoming OpenMeetings.

The idea is great, and as long as it is not as invasive as Terracotta, we'll definitely be
interested to try it out and give feedback. The usability of DirectMemory in Cayenne depends
on

* the API model they provide to the applications
* whether we can build a cache adapter with groups support
* on speed of serialization with LOCAL and SHARED cache. (I'd imagine it will be more appropriate
for SHARED, as it stores DataRows with no relationships and detached from the context).

Andrus