cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Dzmitry Kazimirchyk <dkazimirc...@gmail.com>
Subject Cayenne Modeler Eclipse Plugin preview
Date Fri, 23 Sep 2011 14:00:46 GMT
There is a lot of time passed since the idea of Cayenne Eclipse
integration appeared. And finally we have actual code in our svn
repository (thanks to Eshan and Ksenia mentoring him for their work).
I've fixed some bugs and did some cleanup on the code last days and it
seems like the plugin is quite workable.
As a benefit of Eclipse integration we receive such useful thing as
ability to open project in Cayenne Modeler right from Eclipse IDE just
by double clicking on Cayenne project's xml file (now all cayenne xml
files are marked with Cayenne icon in Eclipse) at Project Explorer view.
And another handy feature is automatic class regeneration and update of
Eclipse project when we save it in the Modeler.

To try it you just need to do svn checkout from
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cayenne/sandbox/cayenne-modeler-eclipse-plugin-gsoc/
and build it with maven by running "mvn clean install". Then copy
cayenne-modeler-eclipse-plugin*.jar to your .../eclipse/plugins/
directory, restart Eclipse and the plugin is ready to work.

So, everyone is welcome to try it out and express opinion on it.

Dzmitry