cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Aristedes Maniatis <...@maniatis.org>
Subject Re: delete[Object]
Date Thu, 22 Sep 2011 08:10:35 GMT
On 22/09/11 5:10 PM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
> Also there is a very big task that seems like a prerequisite for the new API changes
(if we want to do it right that is) - merging EJBQL and SelectQuery into a single full featured
object query that can be created either from String or via API. I thought we might approach
this as building the 3rd type of query leaving EJBQL and SelectQuery as deprecated, but supported
options. And that new query can be designed with generics and fluent API in mind.

I agree. The fluent query style could sit alongside the other two. In fact the other two don't
even need to be deprecated at all. Perhaps in a few versions time if they aren't keeping up
with new functionality, but not necessarily right away.

> Maybe this will even motivate us to put 3.1 into Beta much sooner

Or we could just create a branch for "fluentAPI".

Ari

--
Aristedes Maniatis