cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Zeigler <robert.zeig...@roxanemy.com>
Subject Re: Nexus at ObjectStyle
Date Fri, 26 Aug 2011 20:36:56 GMT
Hm. Maybe I'm missing something...

I just tried with a clean repo:

Missing:
----------
1) javax.jms:jms:jar:1.1

  Try downloading the file manually from:
      http://java.sun.com/products/jms/docs.html

  Then, install it using the command:
      mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=javax.jms -DartifactId=jms -Dversion=1.1 -Dpackaging=jar
-Dfile=/path/to/file

  Alternatively, if you host your own repository you can deploy the file there:
      mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=javax.jms -DartifactId=jms -Dversion=1.1 -Dpackaging=jar
-Dfile=/path/to/file -Durl=[url] -DrepositoryId=[id]

  Path to dependency:
  	1) org.apache.cayenne.build-tools:maven-cayenne-build-plugin:maven-plugin:3.1-SNAPSHOT
  	2) opensymphony:oscache:jar:2.4.1
  	3) javax.jms:jms:jar:1.1

----------
1 required artifact is missing.

for artifact:
  org.apache.cayenne.build-tools:maven-cayenne-build-plugin:maven-plugin:3.1-SNAPSHOT

from the specified remote repositories:
  apache-snapshots (http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/),
  objectstyle (http://maven.objectstyle.org/nexus/content/groups/cayenne-deps)

Robert

On Aug 26, 2011, at 8/263:09 PM , Andrus Adamchik wrote:

> Just for kicks, tried to build Cayenne with empty maven repo before updating from trunk.
Got a quick failure related to Caucho artifacts. Cleaned up local repo again then updated
to the latest trunk with Dzmitry's POM changes. Now it builds without a glitch.

> I think 3.0 build revival on Jenkins today is not coincidental either.
>
> Andrus
>

> On Aug 26, 2011, at 10:56 AM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
>
>>> Wonder how bad it will be if we completely proxy Maven central through maven.objectstyle.org...
>>
>> So I guess we just do it.
>>
>> The plan is to have 2 repos (Maven central - proxy, and "third-party" - hosted) combined
into a virtual Nexus repository. That single repository will be referenced from all Cayenne
POMs. Its URL is currently http://maven.objectstyle.org/nexus/content/groups/cayenne-deps/

>> Right now myself and Dzmitry have Nexus accounts. I'll create accounts for other
committers upon request.

>> Coincidentally we also need a repo for Eclipse dependencies of the plugin that Eshan
has developed. So this will come in handy very soon.

>> Andrus
>>

>> On Jul 24, 2011, at 11:53 PM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
>>
>>> Just setup Nexus (open source edition) at ObjectStyle: http://maven.objectstyle.org/
>>>
>>> I will try to configure it next week, load needed artifacts and retire objectstyle.org/maven2
flat file repo. I am planning to open write access to it to all Cayenne committers. Read access
will be available to anybody. Of course the open source edition of Nexus doesn't have staging
capabilities. Wonder how bad it will be if we completely proxy Maven central through maven.objectstyle.org...
On the positive side it should speed up the builds and prevent the cross-repo artifacts origin
confusion. On the downside, suddenly I am signing up to provide a critical piece of Cayenne
infrastructure, hosted outside Apache.