cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Zeigler <robert.zeig...@puregumption.com>
Subject Re: Nexus at ObjectStyle
Date Mon, 29 Aug 2011 21:33:19 GMT
Using 3.0.3. Fresh repo. Fresh checkout of cayenne codebase:

mvn compile

worked... after sucking down 1/2 the internet (although it tried to compile the tutorial and
failed... not overly concerned with that at the moment; everything else compiled fine).

mvn install also worked.

I tried 3.0.3 last night... maybe not with a fresh repo? Or maybe the fresh checkout helped?
In any event, things seem to be working now.

Robert

On Aug 29, 2011, at 8/294:18 PM , Andrus Adamchik wrote:

> 3.0.3
>
> On Aug 29, 2011, at 11:58 AM, Robert Zeigler wrote:
>
>> What version of maven are you using?  I've tried with several and keep coming up
short.
>> I'm in the middle of some other projects right now before I can try again, but knowing
a version of maven that works for others would be helpful.

>> Robert
>>
>> On Aug 26, 2011, at 8/2611:23 PM , Andrus Adamchik wrote:
>>
>>> Strange. I checked my local repo, and I don't even have the JMS jars in it. Also
apache-snapshots repo mentioned in the error message (http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/)
is only mentioned in <distributionManagement> section. Why would maven try it as a source
of artifacts?

>>> $ find . -name pom.xml |xargs grep m2-snapshot-repository
>>> ./pom.xml:				scp://people.apache.org/www/people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository
>>>

>>> Which version of Maven is that and what are the command you are running?
>>>
>>> We can exclude javax.jms from oscache dependencies explicitly in the POM (it
is not need to run the build), but I don't understand why is it loaded?

>>> Andrus

-Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file

-Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file -Durl=[url] -DrepositoryId=[id]

from trunk. Got a quick failure related to Caucho artifacts. Cleaned up local repo again then
updated to the latest trunk with Dzmitry's POM changes. Now it builds without a glitch.

through maven.objectstyle.org...

- hosted) combined into a virtual Nexus repository. That single repository will be referenced
from all Cayenne POMs. Its URL is currently http://maven.objectstyle.org/nexus/content/groups/cayenne-deps/

for other committers upon request.

plugin that Eshan has developed. So this will come in handy very soon.

retire objectstyle.org/maven2 flat file repo. I am planning to open write access to it to
all Cayenne committers. Read access will be available to anybody. Of course the open source
edition of Nexus doesn't have staging capabilities. Wonder how bad it will be if we completely
proxy Maven central through maven.objectstyle.org... On the positive side it should speed
up the builds and prevent the cross-repo artifacts origin confusion. On the downside, suddenly
I am signing up to provide a critical piece of Cayenne infrastructure, hosted outside Apache.