cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Grobmeier <grobme...@gmail.com>
Subject [RT] Cayenne for other platforms
Date Sat, 27 Aug 2011 13:41:49 GMT
Hello,

this early morning I dreamed of Cayenne (not kidding). I think it is
possible to connect other languages speaking Hessian to Cayenne, for
example PHP. This morning I imagined how it should be done. Lets
assume we use PHP. Then we would "only" need a few classes, like
CayenneRuntime for ROP Clients. We would need to use Dataobjects which
can be translated to the Cayennebojects (they probably can be
generated from the original classes). Then we need to serialize them
and send em. This is for creating objects. I am a

A bit more difficult is to send queries to Cayenne. How could that be
done? The queries need to be serialized to a format Cayenne can use.

There are some other difficulties to be managed. Can serialized Java
objects be with the PHP Hessian lib and what happens with them? Are
they plain PHP objects? If it is not possible, other ways can apply,
for example using JSON as intermediate format. But is the
serialization effort really worth the value?

What are your thoughts on this? I think having Cayenne available for
PHP - this would be *wow*. Best of both worlds, so to say!

Cheers
Christian