cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Grobmeier <grobme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Maven: Aggregation and unpublished modules
Date Mon, 01 Aug 2011 13:29:48 GMT

> I don't know that solves our problem from my initial understanding. Shade
> will rename the classes, where our main problem is our hierarchy of poms. We
> have an artificially flattened hierarchy to avoid end users seeing a regular
> maven pom tree.

With Shade Cayenne could have a regular maven pom tree in reality -
but for users who don't want that pom tree, Shade can create a huge
jar for them.

> I don't see how Shade will create anything but an enormous mess between svn
> source, jar output, javadocs and bug reports.

Actually having "unpublished modules" and "published" ones is not very
good also,  - imho. The current structure is very difficult to
understand. I know, you said only developers must care on it. But I
think otherwise, as this is open source. Every user is somehow a
potential developer too.

Cheers
Christian