cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Eshan Sudharaka <esudhar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: gsoc update comments
Date Sun, 21 Aug 2011 06:43:33 GMT
On Sun, Aug 21, 2011 at 9:52 AM, Eshan Sudharaka <esudharaka@gmail.com>wrote:

> [...]
>>
>> when you are initializing some collection with Arrays.asList, you'll get
>> the
>> "unmodifiable" list. that's why methods addProjectAction, and
>> removeProjectAction are not working. I've fixed this(svn commit:
>> r1159871),
>> but I'm still confused how could it work for you.
>>

>> *The plugin itself.*
>>

>> Could you provide the urls which you have used to get libraries from your
>> repository folder? we will add them to our repository then and I will be
>> able to commit your results to sandbox.
>>  I got those jar files  from eclipse installation directory.
>

>>  I just copied your zipped project and cleaned up some
>> folders("repository"
>> and "{project.basedir}"). And made the patch from this project. I'll send
>> it
>> to you, could you apply it to the sandbox and the make the adjustments to
>> this project for consistency?
>>  now i am doing modifications from your patch.
>>
>> Here are some problems with plugin:
>>
>> 1) The opening of modeler works only if I launch plugin as an eclipse
>> application. If I'm copying the jar to plugins director, it displays the
>> cayenne icon, but fails to open the modeler.
>>

> Here it is working. Can you please clear(delete the content) the manifest
> file and
> run mvn clean install.
>

>> 2)build warnings(from the "mvn clean install" output):
>> Aug 20, 2011 1:41:10 PM java.util.jar.Attributes read
>> WARNING: Duplicate name in Manifest: Manifest-Version.
>> Ensure that the manifest does not have duplicate entries, and
>> that blank lines separate individual sections in both your
>> manifest and in the META-INF/MANIFEST.MF entry in the jar file.
>> Aug 20, 2011 1:41:10 PM java.util.jar.Attributes read
>> WARNING: Duplicate name in Manifest: Created-By.
>> Ensure that the manifest does not have duplicate entries, and
>> that blank lines separate individual sections in both your
>> manifest and in the META-INF/MANIFEST.MF entry in the jar file.
>> Aug 20, 2011 1:41:10 PM java.util.jar.Attributes read
>> WARNING: Duplicate name in Manifest: Built-By.
>> Ensure that the manifest does not have duplicate entries, and
>> that blank lines separate individual sections in both your
>> manifest and in the META-INF/MANIFEST.MF entry in the jar file.
>> Aug 20, 2011 1:41:10 PM java.util.jar.Attributes read
>> WARNING: Duplicate name in Manifest: Build-Jdk.
>> Ensure that the manifest does not have duplicate entries, and
>> that blank lines separate individual sections in both your
>> manifest and in the META-INF/MANIFEST.MF entry in the jar file.
>>
>> Reason for these warnings is because it tries to overwrite  the manifest
> file. Once we dlete the conten on it and run mvn clean install they will be
> no any warnings.
>

>> 2) now only the project file is displayed with the cayenne icon. it was
>> much
>> better when all the cayenne files was displayed with cayenne icon.

I found a way of implementing
this.example<http://blog.eclipse-tips.com/2008/04/content-type-specific-file-icons.html#comment-form>
Still could not find the default xml editor in eclipse. According to above
we just have to set that default xml editor class in plugins.xml.

--
*~Thanks & Regards~*
***