cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Zeigler <robert.zeig...@roxanemy.com>
Subject Re: Nexus at ObjectStyle
Date Mon, 29 Aug 2011 15:58:50 GMT
What version of maven are you using?  I've tried with several and keep coming up short.
I'm in the middle of some other projects right now before I can try again, but knowing a version
of maven that works for others would be helpful.

Robert

On Aug 26, 2011, at 8/2611:23 PM , Andrus Adamchik wrote:

> Strange. I checked my local repo, and I don't even have the JMS jars in it. Also apache-snapshots
repo mentioned in the error message (http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/)
is only mentioned in <distributionManagement> section. Why would maven try it as a source
of artifacts?

> $ find . -name pom.xml |xargs grep m2-snapshot-repository
> ./pom.xml:				scp://people.apache.org/www/people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository
>

> Which version of Maven is that and what are the command you are running?
>
> We can exclude javax.jms from oscache dependencies explicitly in the POM (it is not need
to run the build), but I don't understand why is it loaded?

> Andrus
>
> On Aug 26, 2011, at 11:36 PM, Robert Zeigler wrote:
>
>> Hm. Maybe I'm missing something...
>>
>> I just tried with a clean repo:
>>
>> Missing:
>> ----------
>> 1) javax.jms:jms:jar:1.1
>>
>> Try downloading the file manually from:
>>     http://java.sun.com/products/jms/docs.html
>>
>> Then, install it using the command:
>>     mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=javax.jms -DartifactId=jms -Dversion=1.1 -Dpackaging=jar
-Dfile=/path/to/file

>> Alternatively, if you host your own repository you can deploy the file there:
>>     mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=javax.jms -DartifactId=jms -Dversion=1.1 -Dpackaging=jar
-Dfile=/path/to/file -Durl=[url] -DrepositoryId=[id]

>> Path to dependency:
>> 	1) org.apache.cayenne.build-tools:maven-cayenne-build-plugin:maven-plugin:3.1-SNAPSHOT
>> 	2) opensymphony:oscache:jar:2.4.1
>> 	3) javax.jms:jms:jar:1.1
>>
>> ----------
>> 1 required artifact is missing.
>>
>> for artifact:
>> org.apache.cayenne.build-tools:maven-cayenne-build-plugin:maven-plugin:3.1-SNAPSHOT
>>
>> from the specified remote repositories:
>> central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2),
>> apache-snapshots (http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/),
>> objectstyle (http://maven.objectstyle.org/nexus/content/groups/cayenne-deps)
>>

>> Robert
>>
>> On Aug 26, 2011, at 8/263:09 PM , Andrus Adamchik wrote:
>>
>>> Just for kicks, tried to build Cayenne with empty maven repo before updating
from trunk. Got a quick failure related to Caucho artifacts. Cleaned up local repo again then
updated to the latest trunk with Dzmitry's POM changes. Now it builds without a glitch.

>>> I think 3.0 build revival on Jenkins today is not coincidental either.
>>>
>>> Andrus

combined into a virtual Nexus repository. That single repository will be referenced from all
Cayenne POMs. Its URL is currently http://maven.objectstyle.org/nexus/content/groups/cayenne-deps/

that Eshan has developed. So this will come in handy very soon.

objectstyle.org/maven2 flat file repo. I am planning to open write access to it to all Cayenne
committers. Read access will be available to anybody. Of course the open source edition of
Nexus doesn't have staging capabilities. Wonder how bad it will be if we completely proxy
Maven central through maven.objectstyle.org... On the positive side it should speed up the
builds and prevent the cross-repo artifacts origin confusion. On the downside, suddenly I
am signing up to provide a critical piece of Cayenne infrastructure, hosted outside Apache.